September movies I'm interested in

A new month is just around the corner. Soon leaves will be falling along with the temperatures. Pumpkin spice everything is already on the menus. And Halloween candy is already on the shelves. With the fall comes a whole slew of films that I'm itching to see. Here's what's coming out in September that I'll try to catch eventually.

On September 15th, Netflix has a series called American Vandal. It's a parody of the investigative/true crime television drama. It takes place in a high school where someone goes through the parking lot drawing dicks on everyone's car. It's sort of Making A Murderer but with penises. It looks juvenile and hilarious as hell.

Also on Netflix September 15th is the Angelina Jolie directed First They Killed My Father. This feature length film is based on a memoir about a young girl living in Cambodia in 1975 during the rise of the Khmer Rouge. It might be difficult to watch, since these are children, but it's also something that shouldn't be forgotten.

There's also a film called Rememory that looks good, but I can't tell if it's in theatres now or if it's being released in September. In this film, a man creates a machine that can extract, record, and replay people's memories. He uses it to help others, I'm not sure if it's by removing painful memories or what. Someone kills him and one of the people he helped, played by Peter Dinklage, uses the machine to try to track down his killer. It is also one of Anton Yelchin's final films.

On the 22nd, probably the highest profile film is released, Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle. Damn, this trailer looks cool! I love fight in the cabs, and I love Colin Firth. It may not be the most edifying film to come out this year, but hey, at least it's not The Emoji Movie. It looks like just a good old action flick and it doesn't aspire to be anything else.

Also on the 22nd is Battle of the Sexes. In 1973, tennis player Bobby Riggs challenged Billie Jean King to an exhibition tennis match. Riggs was a chauvinist of the highest order and King was a feminist. They played at the Astrodome in Houston (which I'll admit is partially why I'm interested). King trounced him (HAHA!) and that defeat lead to more public acceptance of women's tennis. If it weren't for players like King and Martina Navratilova we wouldn't have the Williams sisters or Sharapova today.

On ABC on the 29th is the newest addition to ththe MCU, Marvel's Inhumans. I just can't resist a chapter in the Marvel universe, so I hope this is going to be good. It looks like it's a limited series and it was filmed in IMAX. In fact you can actually see the premiere episode in IMAX theatres on the 1st. It has Iwan Rheon, who played Ramsay Bolton on Game of Thrones. It looks like he's a pretty bad guy in this one too.

Last on the list is Gerald's Game. It's kind of a Stephen King summer this year, what with IT scaring the crap out of me, just as a trailer. This one is about a couple who go to a remote cabin for a little kinky afternoon delight. She's handcuffed to the bedposts when something her husband does sparks some memories and she kills him. I tried to read the book, but I have difficulty getting into King's books. I enjoy the film adaptations though, so I hope it'll be good too.

So that's it for this month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing My Religion

36 Books That Changed The World by The Great Courses (audiobook)

Review: “Three Identical Strangers”