The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R Carey

This has been on a lot of must-read lists that I've seen. Although it isn't really the kind of genre I typically read, I thought it sounded interesting. I tried reading it, by it just wasn't something I was getting in to. Instead I gave it a second chance on audiobook, and it was much much better.

The story is about Melanie who, along with many other young people, are woken from their cells each morning by people who strap them into wheelchairs and move them into the classroom. Once a week they are given a chemical shower and fed a bowl of grubs. Occasionally a few of them go missing. They haven't seen the light of day or the outside since they were moved to the facility when they were little.

It's a while before the reason for all the precaution and mystery is revealed, and even then it's revealed slowly. Spoiler-ish: If you like Walking Dead, you might find this one interesting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing My Religion

36 Books That Changed The World by The Great Courses (audiobook)

Review: “Three Identical Strangers”