January 2018 Movies I’m interested In

It’s like Hollywood suffers from the same post-holiday stupor as the rest of us. They’ve had too much turkey all year and finally have to put on their stretchy pants before falling asleep in the BarcaLounger in front of whatever sports game they happen to be interested in. Hardly anything of interest comes out in January. Here’s what I could scrape together:

On January 1st, there’s a French thriller called Glacé which is about a murder in the Alps.

On January 12, The Post hits movie theatres. It tells the story of The Washington Post’s decision to go against White House orders to publish information about the Vietnam War. It may get a lot of airtime,  what with one side bashing it as maybe where journalism begin its foray into “fake news” and the other side peraising it as a shining beacon of journalistic integrity. I’m sure it’ll get lots of nominations too. On Amazon Prime - which now has an app on Apple TV and I apparently have an account ( who knew?!?) - Philip K Dick’s Electric Dreams, which began in the UK, is also premiering on the 12th. It’s got some great names attached to it, so that in itself may be enough to grab attention.

On January 19th, season 4 of Grace and Frankie premieres. Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin play two reluctant friends who are thrust together when their law partner husbands, played by Martin Sheen & Sam Waterston, divorce them to marry each other. The two women create a new vibrator in their spare time. It’s really funny, although I’m note sure how relevant the younger generations will find it.

Finally on the 26th (I did mention it’s kind of a sparse month, right?) the final chapter in the Maze Runner series, The Death Cure, hits theatres. I liked the books (well, the audiobooks) and I didn’t hat the first two films, although I only saw them at home. I have to finish the series, though.

That’s it. Let’s hope Hollywood is saving some tasty morsels for later on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing My Religion

36 Books That Changed The World by The Great Courses (audiobook)

Review: “Three Identical Strangers”